Tuesday, November 23, 2010

B U C K S & D O U G H

Daniel likes that I'm bloggable again. I like him.

And by "like" I really mean "L O V E."

---

I hate the space bar on this computer. Every time I finish a word I have to pound SPACESPACE.

And you know I love spaces.


And also outer-space.


Today I worked from 10.30AM-8PM. If you had boiled crawfish in the other room (with mushrooms, potatoes, and everything) I highly doubt I would walk over there. (I might, however, crawl--this I S Mississippi and all, I need my crawfish when I can have it.)

Regardless, my feet are miserable.

Today I argued with a woman over $1.07.

Well, not really argued. Just hated. She had it on a Merch Credit Redeem card. When ringing up there are a few buttons for pay: C A S H, C H A R G E, C H E C K, G I F T C A R D, M E R C H C R E D I T I S S U E, and M E R C H C R E D I T R E D E EM.

Now, logically, to pay with a merch credit redeem card, you would press the matching button, right? W R O N G.

You would press gift card.

Why? I know now. Alas, this was an issue. One my manager knew not how to solve (also, he runs the store). So I winged it. It took twenty minutes. I had no idea the wrong button matched her card. Her daughter/wife/sister/friend kept begging her, "Just pay her, it's only a buck, the total is nearly twenty dollars anyway!"

To which this woman replied, "I want my buck."

There were five people behind her. It was busy. There was an ungodly amount of money in my cash register. It was the most I'd ever had at work. It was a busy day.

"I want my buck."

Really? You're buying fake leaves, stickers, a color book, and some chocolate. I want your buck, and also whatever remaining years you have left. You do not deserve them. Stupid people shouldn't get locked up, or allotted for by the government. They should get their live living rights revoked.

"I'm sorry ma'am,we got a call from Hattiesburg today and you're living rights have been removed. Please get in the Suicide Box."

People would be much more motivated to be intelligent, less selfish, more aware, B E T T E R.

Tydee and I say it all the time. The Spartans had it right, "You aren't going to better our society, down this well you go."

That's what working has taught me. To hate people. To want to push them in wells. To love making money. To make money. To earn it by standing still and dealing with stupid.

It makes me mad, it makes my feet hurt, but at least is makes money.

2 comments:

K. Daniel Moran said...

"I have my coupon." - Lady
"I'm sorry mam, but the entire store is 40% off today, you can't use your coupon." - Daniel
"But I want the 40% off with my coupon." - Lady
"I'm sorry mam but I cannot give you 80% off your purchase." - Daniel
Pissed = Lady

Brookeworm said...

Ma'am these are already 60% off, because they're a door buster.

But I have a 30% off coupon.

Yes, you can use that on anything not already a doorbuster.

Why can't I use it on this?

Because we can't sell half of our store for 90% off.

That's false advertising!

No, ma'am it's written on the coupon.

No one reads that!

(Well then that's illiteracy.)