Friday, December 4, 2009

Lazy: Teenager vs Writer


I'm really concerned about this whole, not being able to write thing. I'm putting all the creativity I can muster into my internet self. Twitter and Blogger and such. But, it's giving me http://www.weheartit.com/. Looking at "art" or something like it really helps.


Given I'm at art school you would think I had all of that I could handle.

The only thing that makes me feel better is knowing that my classmates are all somewhat in the same boat as me. I'd like to point out to my teacher that I'm not lazy, I'm just stuck. But, I can't lie--I am pretty lazy. And I don't know how much of my S T U C K is due to laziness.


Probably a lot I'm sure.


But, also--I don't want to write like a teenager. I want to write like a writer.

I don't think teenagers can be writers. I think teenagers can be teenagers. And being a teenagers encompasses a lot of things. Which makes them far to busy too be writers.

John Green said that teenagers are invincible. I think I agree.


But, I am not a teenager. I am a hybrid. I would like to be a teenager (sometimes) but, more-so, I want to be a w r i t e r.


I told Jules we were the only two real writers in the class.
The only two absolute not-writers were manga&agnam;;
Agnam wrote two novellas this year.
She D O E S pronounce NO-VELL-UH "NAH-VUL-UH"
But, she's written.
I've deleted all my begginnings.
I'm a failiterary.
Just because you're at church doesn't mean you're a christian;;
Just because I'm at A R T S C H O O L doesn't mean I'm an A R T I S T
But, because I'm seventeen;;
I guess I am a T E E N A G E R
meaning, by default, I am L A Z Y

0 comments: