Wednesday, February 10, 2010

L A Y E R S





B L O G G E R I S U N B L O C K E D
Which is great, because I was really missing out on some valuable blogging and free writing.

Oh blogger, how I've missed you. I K E P T T H I N K I N G of great things to blog, but then I couldn't. Which was really disappointing.

Things that have been going on:





  • the literary magazine


  • getting ready for college


  • -scholarships


  • -begging for my acceptance letters


  • -trying to decipher fafsa


  • -crying


  • missing Jason more and more as the weeks progress


  • counting down the days until graduation (100 today)


  • coming to the realization that I'll be a grumpy old lady


  • accepting it because Jason will be a grumpy old man


  • laughing at the thought of us hating everyone together


  • bashing my peers with the few faculty I have come to love


  • smiling at the progress I've made in my two years at MSA


  • falling in love with the way words fall on paper


--


M Y I P O D C R A S H E D I N T H E M O S T B E A U T I F U L W A Y


The people that were there for me last year, when I got my iPod, the ones that filled it with music--they aren't there anymore. Specificly one. And, losing all that music made me think:




  1. I could be ok


  2. I could lose people and still be okay


  3. I didn't really like the music they listened to


  4. I love Kings of Leon and Passion Pit


  5. My life needs a soundtrack
--
I lost so much, but now the people I'm around, the ones that refilled my iPod--they mean the most to me.
--
But, at the same time I know I could lose them all and make it.
--
Time doesn't heal. You're never H E A L I N G when that time passes. You get to know who you are when no one is around. You come to love yourself for all the bad. I hate who I was before. And I'm shaking and I'm starting over and I'm watching the layers fall back and I'm realizing that I love myself. That I can love myself.
--
So maybe I can't lose these people.
--
Maybe they mean more to me than those people could.
--
I love these people because they are a part of who I am.
--
Which would make it impossible to lose them.
--
Because, in the end, I don't think I could ever lose myself.

0 comments: