Monday, May 10, 2010

T H O S E F I N G E R S L E A V E M A R K S

Can we press our faces against the glass?
Leave obtuse circles on it's Windexed surface--
tap, tap,
tap our index fingers on the Internet
and scare away those men, those teenagers
eating sex like scones and feeling so sophisticated.
.
Never apologize, watch that dolphin flinch, that
man that never even knew
how to spell D-O-L-F-I-N
godhelpus--
I wish she would have turned around,
no arms, no hand to push him with,
"You can't rape an animal, they want it--
you can't rape a girl that likes it."
.
We are all animals, and I'm sweating
because it's hot outside,
but the longer I'm wrapped up
in AC units and motherboards
the more I feel like screaming
screeching crying like a dolphin
.
because when I get out there,
everyone one
with all their +1 internets
will be sitting on the curbs
smoking droopy cigarettes
and looking at me,
begging me
to walk into that smoke screen
and spend those five seconds coughing
.
press my fingers into my eyes and
let the tears fall down my face
look down
let the breasts that
sprouted spontaneously one day
overflow my shirt
and not know
if I've grown
or if I'm just supposed to look
like this.

1 comments:

jordan. said...

I really want to know who wrote this.
Like, right now.
It's pertinent to my survival.


(By the way, I spelled "pertinent" correctly on my first try.
It's not really relevant, but I felt pretty gangster.)