Wednesday, May 26, 2010

W H I L E Y O U W E R E S H O P P I N G

I don't want to confuse you (you, you, not "Daniel-you" to whom this is referring).
I went furniture shopping with Daniel and his family yesterday. Daniel is getting an apartment. I want an apartment. I got a book. We were not book shopping for his apartment, though. We were book shopping for Daniel's brother, Garett, and I was book shopping for me. And Bebeh Blair told me to read this book. And I do love Bebeh, and books, and curiosity. Andbutso, it was good. I read it on eight different couches, one pallet/bed, and one vehicle. I read it yesterday, when I bought it, by "read" I mean "devoured." It was delicious. I loved it.
---
Pros: I loved the narrator/main character, adorable point-of-view, perfect pace, wonderful story line and idea and just a great sense of purpose to the whole thing, nothing seemed weird or out of place at all. It all fit so perfectly it seemed real.
---
Cons: It reminded me of Flowers For Algernon, which was a book I enjoyed, but they were just really similar narrators, I thought. And the whole rat thing. It was just eerie. However, I do love both books a lot.

0 comments: