Tuesday, August 31, 2010

H O W T O H A X Y O U R B R A I N

NOTABLE QUOTABLE:
[on bowling] one shoe on one shoe off, slidin' down the alley!
--FACEBOOK


I want to talk to you about blogging. [Yes, I'm tearing down the fourth wall and pointing directly at you.] I've been neglecting you, which is something I do sometimes. I've also been treating you like we're friends, which I have to do sometimes.

But I also think I should mention that I didn't intend for this to be a diary, a place to come whine. When I started this no one read it. It was a blog for me to free write in. Where I could do everything Natalie Goldberg and Dr. Lebow wanted me to do. Write badly;write often. But, now I feel like I have a lot to say. Now, I want you guys to understand.

I'd rather you hear it from me.

(That would be the title of my blog, if I changed it--I think.)

On a sidebar, I think Pandora finally understands me. I made a Vampire Weekend station. That doesn't mean I want to listen to Death Cab every three songs, even though I love them, it means I want you to play Ben Folds.

And yes, I do like Band of Horses, no matter who showed them to me.

So I think if Pandora gets me after two years, maybe you do too. Because honestly I did make this blog for Mony. And everything in my life will always be for her, or related to her. Because sometimes family makes more sense than religion, and love makes more sense than devotion, and it's a lot easier to love and understand your crazy great-grandmother.

So, I'm sorry, Mr. Whitebeard but maybe you should write me back and take some lessons from sweet old cajun ladies. Really, I feel like gumbo can be enough religion for anyone.

Jordan's blogs make me cry. Jordan is a beautiful person. I think friends become family just as easy as some family can never be your friend. Jordan's blog is called ENGLISH IV. Even though we're in college now. It's a title. It's a moment and a picture of that time. That's what my title is. If she's not changing hers I'm not changing mine.

I haven't told you about Mony in a while. I'll do that.

*Mony told Mom happy birthday four times on four separate days, and sent her two birthday cards.
*I called Mony for she and Paw's anniversary. She said these things:
-it sure is hot
-you start school soon?
-that's on my calendar
-it's almost your mom's birthday
-I called your mom

-is it your birthday?

____________________________________________________

OTHER THINGS

0 comments: