Saturday, August 7, 2010

P R I N T Z A N D P R I N T Z E S S E S

I just got back from my retreat with The Student Printz at Black Creek in Lumberton. It was so fun, we all had a lot of similar ideas and agreed on most goals and changes. It was exciting to get to know everyone and see what they had to offer the paper, I'm really anxious about writing my first story and seeing it in print. Being a part of the paper feels like such an honor. I really like the other staffers and I think Sam is going to be a really good Editor.
We had a lot of fun playing the ice breaker games and eating donuts and sandwiches. I'm so happy we get to use nice cameras and can rent recorders. I can't wait to see what my assignment is. I really hope people stay as enthusiastic as they seemed today. I was a little put off by some of the girls' attitudes towards making time for the paper and writing stories. They had very overdone (cliche') ideas and seemed kind of flippant about the whole day. I think their enthusiasm will die down as soon as real work needs to be done.
Apparently, we need to generate more interest in the Printz's website, so I'm going to try to do that. We have a Facebook and Twitter too, but they don't really use them. I wish I was in charge of social networking the Printz. I would be so ballin'. But, I'm new and a baby so I probably can't do something that cool. But, I'll try my best to use my own networking to benefit the Printz in whatever way I can. And I'll link all my stories from here so you all can click them to read them on the website. Also, comment if you ever need me to reserve a copy, we print 5,000 copies of each issue once, and they're archived on the website. But, if you want a tangible copy let me know and I can see about mailing you one. :)
I'm really excited.

0 comments: